Climate Democracy Accelerator up to (US 10 000 GRANT).APPLY NOW!
About: Climate Democracy Accelerator up to (US 10 000 GRANT)
Climate change is a global issue affecting every aspect of our modern society, from declining agricultural productivity, rising sea levels, drought, forest fires and catastrophic flooding. To tackle the climate crisis, governments have a mandate to enable and encourage citizens, civil society, activists and more to participate in shaping and implementing climate policies. By expanding public participation and bringing marginalized voices into decision-making, governments can create climate-focused policies that are equitable and responsive to community needs. People Powered is looking for government and civil society leaders to form a new cohort of innovators interested in launching participatory programs to shape climate policy in areas such as clean transportation, renewables, decarbonization and energy efficient homes, air pollution, agroecology and more.
To be selected for this program, applicants must be governmental institutions, civil society organizations or non-governmental organizations. The program is open to applicants from all over the world, with space for 15 participants per cohort.
The Climate Democracy Accelerator (CDA) is a six-month, practice-oriented training and support program that prepares members to plan and implement an inclusive and participatory process for a just climate transition. Participants will develop a project to implement a climate-focused participatory program that addresses the needs and voices of local communities. Selected applicants will have access to a dedicated mentor to guide the development of their program, along with:
- Step-by-step resources such as the Participation Playbook, our interactive, online tool for designing participatory programs.
- Practice-oriented live sessions and online courses.
- A 10,000 USD implementation grant.
- The opportunity to apply for an additional 20,000 USD award for the best project developed by program participants.
Learn more about the first cohort of the CDA.
What is the application process for Climate Democracy Accelerator?
- Read through the Climate Democracy Accelerator program requirements and selection criteria below.
- Complete the application form and submit the required documents by January 5, 2024.
- October 2023 — January 2024: Applications are open.
- February: Selected participants are notified.
- March: Due diligence and onboarding.
- April: Program begins.
- July: Program ends.
- August — October: Participants share learnings.
- October 2024 — September 2025: Participants implement their action plan.
Join our WhatsApp group
Join our Telegram group.
Visit our social media pages: