Hybrid (Online and Washington DC)
World Bank Group (WBG)
Deadline for Submission: April 24, 2023 (11:59 PM EST)
World Bank Group (WBG) Youth Summit 2023: From the Ground Up Local Solutions to Drive Global Impact
The World Bank Group Youth Summit is the largest worldwide annual gathering of youth (18-35 years old) hosted by the WBG to engage participants from around the world on the most pressing topics facing their generation.
As the World Bank Group Youth Summit celebrates its 10th anniversary this year, its theme From the Ground Up: Local Solutions to Drive Global Impact reflects the WBG’s commitment to supporting local ownership, knowledge, and solutions as a key part of addressing global development challenges in the areas of fragility, conflict, and violence (FCV); jobs and skills; and climate and energy.
Returning for its 10th edition, the World Bank Group Youth Summit aims to engage youth on the most pressing topics facing their generation, bringing together thousands of participants from around the world.
The World Bank Group Youth Summit will take place on May 25-26, 2023, with activities and engagements in different regions and at the World Bank Group headquarters in Washington DC.
About the World Bank Group Youth Summit
Established in 2013, the Youth Summit is an annual event hosted by the World Bank Group to engage with youth globally on the most pressing issues facing their generation. As the largest youth worldwide annual gathering at the World Bank Group, the primary goals of the World Bank Group Youth Summit are to:
- Empower youth to explore innovative ideas to tackle development challenges
- Provide youth with the tools to build and engage in impactful projects
- Promote dialogue between youth, the WBG, and other key stakeholders globally
APPLY NOW! Please note that applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and that seats are limited. If you wish to attend in person, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
For more information, please consult the website or send an email to email@example.com
Events at the Summit: World Bank Group Youth Summit Pitch Competition
The 2023 World Bank Group Youth Summit Competition is a call for innovative and action-oriented solutions from young people that aim to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges through grassroots-based local solutions with the potential to make a global impact.
The competition will provide a global platform for young problem-solvers around the world to showcase their unique, innovative solutions in the form of a pitch deck.
The World Bank Group Youth Summit competition rewards the most innovative idea that fosters one of the themes below:
- Local solutions to address challenges faced by Fragile, Conflict, and Violence (FCV) affected regions. Submissions under this pillar may include but are not limited to Famine, Drought, Food Security, COVID-19 pandemic setbacks, Displacement, Refugees.
- Solutions that address Climate change challenges and support Energy transition and security. Submissions under this pillar may include, but are not limited to: Climate resilience, financing, transition, efficiency, energy management and policies, adaptation to climate shocks.
- Solutions that focus on job creation and skill development for financial independence. Submissions under this pillar may include but are not limited to Entrepreneurship, financial independence, education and skill development, and employment
Procedure & deadlines
STAGE 1 – Information Session on February 13, 2023
Watch the replay of this event to learn more about the theme of the competition and how to participate.
STAGE 2 – Submit your proposal (Deadline: March 11, 2023, 11:59 pm EST)
Applicants and pitch decks will be evaluated by an expert committee. Shortlisted individuals/teams will be announced by early April and will proceed to the next stage.
Applications can be submitted in Arabic, English, French or Spanish, and you can use the pitch deck template for guidance.
STAGE 3 – Refine your Idea & Prepare your Pitch (April)
Individuals/teams shortlisted in Stage 2 will receive feedback on their pitch deck and may be asked to submit further information and refine their pitch deck.
STAGE 4 – Pitch your Idea at the World Bank Group Youth Summit.
Finalists will join the 2023 World Bank Group Youth Summit at the World Bank Headquarters in Washington D.C. Travel expenses will be covered, including lodging for up to three nights for one representative from each team, subject to the WBG COVID restrictions.
Join the conversation on social media using #WBGYouthSummit
To receive more Opportunities
Join our Whatsapp group
Join our Telegram group.